Family “Horse and Husky” Outdoor Adventure Vacation
Family Vacation Outdoors In Maine
Our “Horse and Husky” vacation is suitable for family members of all ages…No horse experience necessary…Learn how to drive horses and care for them in a relaxed, low-key atmosphere. Meet our beautiful herd of horses. Learn about different breeds, grooming, horse behavior, and learn basic horsemanship and have beginner riding lessons in our ring for kids. This is a great experience for first time riders and kids!
Spend quality time our friendly, well socialized huskies . Learn about the care and handling of sled dogs, harnessing, lead dog training, dog carting, swim conditioning and much more. Fun and educational for all dog lovers.
Enjoy close encounters with our very special and socialized Hummingbirds, Tipi building and camp craft, hiking to natural swimming holes and beaver dams, canoeing/kayaking trips on Lake Umbagog and Androscoggin River to observe Bald Eagles and Moose**, Night time camp fires and our exciting Bat- photo workshops.
Over Night Packages Include:
- Lodging at the Telemark Wilderness Lodge
- 2 hour Morning and 2 hour Afternoon activities (horse carriage driving, husky training, llama activities, hummingbirds, hiking, evening campfires in our Lakota Painted “TIPI” plus canoeing** and more)
- All meals starting the first morning through last day lunch.
• Canoe trips extra cost of $75 per person ½ day $125 full day – (group pricing available)
- $250 per adult d.o., per day (2 day min.)
- $185 per child (in same room) per day
- $ 200 per child d.o. In a separate “kid’s” room
- $ 325 per adult single occupancy per day
- Plus 7% lodging and 8% food tax plus 10% gratuity